December 10, 2011

Deck the Halls

This is the first year since moving from Utah that I have actually decorated for Christmas. Normally we are headed to my parents for the Holidays and help decorate their house instead. It was fun pulling out the tree and having the kids help set it up.

Rick put the tree together but didn’t separate the branches. He said that it was my job. I was too tired the night he put the tree up so I just went to bed. At 4 am when I ventured towards the kitchen to get Brady a bottle I saw a dark figure in the corner of our living room. At first I thought it was Rick. It was a millisecond later I realized I had just left him in bed. I just panicked when I remembered the tree. I was really grateful that I hadn’t screamed because it would have woken up my entire family. Instead I sat there in the front room heart racing. It is a great way to wake you up all the way!

I was determined the next day to get it all decorated so I didn’t have a repeat event the following night. It was the first tree that Brady helped decorate. We opted for plastic ornaments because the glass would have shattered into the carpet leaving a royal mess. The kids had a great time hanging angels and bows. Brady enjoyed throwing the golden apples the most.

DSCF2097DSCF2098DSCF2099DSCF2100DSCF2101DSCF2102DSCF2103DSCF2105 DSCF2089DSCF2086DSCF2084

We also hung our stockings with care. It was fun to feel festive.

DSCF2062DSCF2065DSCF2067DSCF2068

Granted a week later this is what our tree looks like….

DSCF2165

Can you tell how high Brady can reach? The ornaments are holding on strong. Brady hasn’t broke any yet and the tree is still standing. Hopefully it can last another 15 days until Christmas.

No comments: