July 19, 2012
Utah or bust..
So the trip to Utah went really well with all three kids. Katie even made friends with a few kids at the airport in KY. Funny thing is they were headed to Utah too. Trevor was a champ on his first flight and my mom is an angel. She took care of Brady during the flights. He was a pill. The fun of the trip came of course with the layover. There were storms over Denver that prevented us from landing on time in fact we got in 20 minutes late. This was a problem because we only had a 45 min layover to begin with. As we got off the plane I took my over stuffed backpack and my mom's bag with the electronics. I then picked Brady up and grabbed Katie's hand. We ran (i'm not kidding ran!) 2.5 concourses. I had no clue how close my mom was behind me with Trevor, I was just determined not to get stuck in an airport again. As we reached the gate the agent announced the final boarding call. I was breathing so hard I couldn't even talk. The whole thing just reminded me that I had a baby 6 weeks earlier and I was really out of shape! I took a deep breath and looked behind me for my mom. Luckily she was close enough I could hand him our tickets and make our way down the jet way. Once we were seated we asked the flight attendant if my mom could switch seats. She was suppose to be at the back of the plane while I was seated with Katie in the middle of the plane. The attendant told us not to worry about it. We were informed that the plane was actually over booked but they were going to leave with the plane half empty in order to leave on time. To top it off it was the last flight into Provo that day. So anyone that missed it would have to try to get into SLC on standby or wait until the next day. At that point I was really glad we ran and didn't even stop for a potty break. Somewhere in the hustle my mom and I both bruised our feet and Katie ended up with a scratch on her leg. I have no clue where mine came from. I was just really glad to land and be done. Oh and even with the fun of running to the plane I would definitively recommend flying into Provo over SLC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy moly! You are such a trooper! Your mom is pretty amazing too. :) And Trevor looks so much like a Jones (at least in pictures)!
Post a Comment