I wasn't sure what to do for Father's day for Rick. I figured we would spend some time at his dad's house since he didn't have to work. I was feeling kind of bad for not having more planned for him. I was pleasantly surprised to find a house full of people for the weekend.
Rick's brother Chad had flown out from Utah to do a few home improvement projects for his dad. Plus, his cousin Jed was in North Carolina for a military training and was able to drive to our house for the weekend. Jed lives in Arizona and it had been 3.5 years since we had seen him. It was so funny because the first time I watched the 4 boys (Rick, Chad, Steve, and Jed) play a game of basketball was 7.5 years ago. 4 weddings and 7 children later they haven't changed. They are still the same carefree silly boys they were years ago. I wouldn't want it any other way. It was fun to look out and have them all grinning ear to ear!
We ventured out of the house into the hot weather for a round of Frisbee golf. Brady fell asleep on the way to the course. It was Trevor's first game.
The kids found what looked like a baby turkey
The boys enjoyed watching the NBA Finals the first night,
and got a great evening of guitar hero the second night.
The next day we drove to Harrogate to check out Chad's handy work and to go to Heavy's on the River for Father's day dinner. It was so humid it fogged the camera.
everyone loved the tire swing
1 comment:
I want a tire swing! Looks like a really fun time with everyone! I really need to visit. :) Perhaps soon, because I don't really have much going on. And I could help with the kids.
Post a Comment