November 8, 2011

First Day of School

The day finally came that Katie has been looking forward to for almost 3 months. When we moved to Morristown we told Katie that she would be able to go to school at her new house. When I finally found a preschool that I liked their regulations wouldn’t let her join the class until after her 3rd birthday. So Katie asked almost everyday for 3 months if she was starting school the next day. I was so excited when I finally got to say yes.

DSCF1731DSCF1732DSCF1733DSCF1734DSCF1736

She was so excited to wear a backpack. She doesn’t need one for her preschool but she had to wear oh her first day. She has 3 teachers and about 15 kids in her class on any given day.

For her first field trip they visited the local fire department. They toured the facilities and even had them do a practice call to show what it is like when they receive an actual emergency call.

DSCF1738DSCF1739DSCF1741DSCF1742DSCF1745DSCF1747DSCF1752DSCF1757

Katie loved climbing through the trucks and checking out the fire gear. Brady was a little upset at me that I left him in the stroller and wouldn’t let him climb on everything with his sister.

She has even had her first homework assignment. She had to collect leaves from 5 different trees and put them in her leaf collection. She then had to name the different trees.  Luckily we have more than 5 different trees in our yard so we didn’t have to go very far for her to complete her assignment.

Her preschool was also featured in the local paper as one of the best preschools in the area. The article noted the amount of hands on activities the students are exposed to each day. Katie even made one of the pictures that was placed with the article. I’m trying to get a copy of the issue but so far no luck.

School has been a great thing for Katie. She needed a social outlet and how to show respect to others. She is doing fantastic in class and she comes home happy everyday. What more can a parent want?

No comments: