October 2, 2011

Claiborne County Fair

We joined Rick’s family at the Fair. My favorite place to channel my inner redneck. Every night of the fair has a different event. Last year we attended the V8 Demolition Derby. Due to scheduling issues we couldn’t watch that same event this year. Instead we opted to watch the Tractor pulls. Brady loved watching the tractors.

IMG_0294

IMG_0297IMG_0296

Not quite as exciting as the derby but I still got to cheer for my favorite tractors and spend some time with the family.

We of course ate some fair food. This year we once again got funnel cake and for a new treat we tried deep fried Oreo and Snickers. I loved the Snickers. It was gooey and rich. Thanks Kevin for the yummy treats.

Last year I was overly pregnant with Brady so I was not able to ride any of the rides. I was so excited to ride everything this year. Katie was taller this year and able to ride a few more rides this year too. She giggled on everything.

IMG_0285IMG_0288IMG_0291IMG_0292IMG_0299

This was our attempt at a group shot while crammed on the Tilt-A-Whirl.

I was a rebel and started swinging sideways on the swings. I was quickly rebuked by the carney.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end and our night came to an abrupt halt thanks to the Gravitron ride. Pretty much we all got light headed. Poor Rick and Stephanie took days to recover from that ride. None of us would recommend riding it.

No comments: