On September 21st Brady had surgery for his clogged tear duct.
It was a rough night just before surgery. He was not allowed to have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Brady still takes one, if not two bottles during the night. He woke up at 2am and scram for over an hour because he was hungry. I was finally able to sooth him enough he fell back to sleep.
The alarm went off and we pulled Brady and Katie out of bed at 4:30am in order to drive to Knoxville and be on time for Brady’s surgery. We arrived at the surgery center early and decided to drop off a movie in our spare time. When we returned to the surgery center the Fire Alarm was beeping loudly. I asked the front desk what we should do, and they said to sign in and take a seat because they were not burning down. Nothing like seeing fire engines first thing in the morning.
They finally turned off the alarm and started down the list checking in people. After sitting for over 30 minutes and watching person after person who came in after us checked in before Brady I finally went back to the desk. I showed the nice ladies where I had signed in on their form and where they had blacked out my name. You see there was another patient with the last name of Jones that morning. Go figure with such a unique name a Jones. Well the ladies assumed that the other gentleman was us and we had been skipped over. I was surprised because they had a schedule of the surgeries for the day and it would have shown that there were 2 Jones patients. Oh well. The rushed us through check-in and gave me and Brady matching hospital bracelets. Katie stuck her arm out for one and they thought it was so cute they gave her a spare one as well.
We were just finishing up when a lady outside slipped and fell into the side of the brick building. Don’t worry while we were waiting Rick took Katie for a walk and she was able to see the blood on the sidewalk. Yipee.
We finally went into pre-op and Brady of course charmed all the nurses and the anesthesiologist. He didn’t cry at all, and was eager to go with the nurses to the operating room.
The actual surgery went by really fast. He was put to sleep, had the procedure, and woke up in under 30 minutes. He cried long enough to have the nurses get me. Once I was there he downed a bottle and we were free to go. I got our discharge papers and went to the car to find Rick. He had taken Katie for another walk because he thought it would take longer. Don’t worry Katie reported to me when she was done that someone had washed the blood off the sidewalk.
The surgery was a success and Brady’s eye has be perfect since.
No comments:
Post a Comment