Seriously I need an attitude adjustment I think. This past week I have had things go wrong or break left and right. Fortunately everything has been fixed rather quickly but it is still frustrating. I’m just sick of it all.
Things that have bugged me this last week:
1. Wednesday I bit into a piece of toast and chipped my molar. I guess it is common during pregnancy but seriously TOAST! I went to the dentist where they put a temporary on my tooth because they needed clearance from my DR to use anesthesia because I’m pregnant.
2. Thursday I went to a meeting at the school and while waiting for Rick to come down and let me in the door Katie started running across the parking lot towards Rick’s truck. As I ran after her (remember I’m 34 weeks pregnant and my daughter is really fast) I stepped wrong off of the bottom stair and hurt my leg and pelvis where it was painful to walk. Luckily I have an amazing hubby who is going to school where he learns how to fix such things.
3. Saturday I went to pick up my food box from the local food co-op only to find that the lady placed 4 holds on my card. This was because the first time she ran the information she received an error code and rather than call and find out what the problem was she just proceeded to run the info 3 more times. Which calculated out to be about $200 additional dollars being held beyond the actual amount I was spending for the food. This wasn’t really a problem it is just annoying that I have to keep an eye on the paperwork to make sure that money is released back to me.
4. Later on Saturday, I went and watched a chick flick with Rick’s mom only to come home late to a broken garage door. There was a large spring in the lifting mechanism that broke in 2 pieces so the door would raise about a foot and then go back down. Once again first thing Monday I called my landlord and within hours he had it fixed and working better than ever.
5. Monday I got my tooth fixed at the dentist but then was numb for 4 hours afterwards and while shopping I found that rural TN/KY is not a candy hotspot. I was looking for RUNTS so I could steal the bananas to put on cupcakes for Katie’s monkey birthday party only to be frustrated when I could not find any in the area. Not really a life or death situation and I was able to find a substitute but it didn’t make me happy. This then put me in a bad mood which made for a rough evening for Rick and Katie. I felt bad too because it was a night after a Test so Rick was free to do whatever because he didn’t need to study and there I was all grumpy.
6. Tuesday I sat down to watch a movie with Katie only to have our Netflix be jumpy and reloading all the time. I finally just shut the movie off and put Katie to bed because it was too hard to follow.
7. Last night Katie woke up at 1:30 am ready to play. She got toys out and finally came got me when she wanted a movie started. I had to put her in bed with us in order for her to go back to sleep because once in her room she wanted to play with her toys instead of staying in bed. This made for a crowded bed and an awkward sleeping position for me. This lead to a pain in my leg that prevented me from sleeping and finally I got up about 6am and iced my leg. Once the pain subsided I was tired and fell back asleep only to have my alarm go off at 8am and I had a Dr appointment scheduled for 8:30.
I scrambled to get Katie up and both of us out of the door. I got to the office by 8:40 which included drive time in a rain storm and dropping Katie off at a friend’s house. The office moved me right along and I was in a patient room waiting to see the Dr by 8:50. At 9:30 the nurse popped in to say that my Dr was on call and had to rush to the hospital to check someone and would be right back. I walked out of the office close to 10:30. Only to have a lifesaver as a friend who continued to watch Katie while I picked up items for her party. She had my daughter all morning and was wonderful to agree to keep her just a little bit longer so I could go to the store without a child in tow.
I got home to find that the rain storm had knocked out the power to our house and in the process our Wii, DVD player and Modem for the internet no longer were working. Funny thing is the XBOX which was plugged into the same power cord was working just fine. I called the internet company and by 6pm they had our internet working once again. Thank goodness. It would be hard to webcam birthday stuff with family if it isn’t working.
I was working on those cupcakes for Katie’s party and burning CDs for the party favor only to hear a loud boom and have our power go off. So now I get to frost a cake by flashlight.
Nothing really happened that I should be upset about. It is just that everything happened within a week of time. All I can say is that I’m really blessed with a loving hubby that puts up with a crazy wife, some excellent friends that are kind and still love me even if I’m not that fun to be around, and a very loving daughter that wants her mommy even if I just yelled at her for nothing because I’m frustrated over something that really isn’t that important or even related. I really should be focusing more on my blessings. The fact that everything has been fixed or has a solution. All of which have come rather promptly. Now where did I put that flashlight?
1 comment:
don't worry you aren't the only one who in having a hard time and needing to vent. I have been having a rough past couple of weeks too, I just haven't gotten around to writing about it :) I hope things get better.
P.S. I totally understand what you mean running after a fast toddler when you are totally pregnant, it sucks even without falling and hurting your leg.
Post a Comment