September 21, 2010

Crafty

  So my husband didn’t realize that I enjoy doing crafts! He thought I just did them when I needed a gift for someone, if I was bored, or if someone else needed something like him needing his clothes fixed.

No. I’m not about to start an Etsy shop. If I did, crafting would consume my life and too much of anything is not good. I just wanted to show you all a few of the crafts I’ve been working on so you can see that I really do enjoy crafting despite what people might think. (Please forgive me if I ruin any surprises by showing things I plan to give away.)

I made a few fairy tutus. Purple one is for Katie and the orange one is for a gift. It was so much fun seeing Katie dance and spin.

DSCN0992DSCN0991

A friend of mine bought a baby sling online and when it came I laughed really because it was so simple. I’ve made a few for a friend and even a sling for Rick’s mom to carry her dog.

DSCF0009 DSCN0899

I just finished a nursing wrap and have another one almost done.

 DSCF0006

This is a car seat blanket modeled by Katie’s bear.

DSCF0012 DSCF0014  DSCF0019 DSCF0017

I’ve made a few play bridal veils for a few of the girls here in TN. I’d show you a picture but I gave them all away for birthday presents. I love this project because I get to be overly girly and the fact that it is just for dress up takes the off the pressure of having it perfect.

Baby Blanket for little boy

DSCN0996

I finally finished a table cloth I bought fabric for over a year ago and have kept busy working on arts and crafts projects with Katie. Our favorite is sidewalk chalk and watercolor stamping. I’ve even gotten creative with the food I’ve made including 3 types of sushi.

DSCN1000

Katie’s Birthday present included a chair that both Rick and I worked on together. I found it at a garage sell for $5. I then dismantled the entire chair (it took a long time to pull out all the staples, you can see a few in my hand.) Rick then reinforced the frame and panted the wood for me. In the end, I think it turned out really cute!

DSCN0866 DSCN0868 DSCN0877 DSCN0895 DSCF0089 DSCF0095 DSCF0102 DSCF0104 DSCF0118

Things I’m still tackling include a blanket catch for a friend to help secure a blanket while nursing, a few odds and ends for baby boy Jones, and of course Katie’s birthday party stuff. I’ll keep you posted on how they turn out.

3 comments:

Sarah H. said...

You must be nesting!! I bet you are getting close to having that baby!!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Almost everyday I thank my lucky stars to have a crafty friend like you. Today I pulled out the sling you gave me and LOVE using it!!! Also, the feeding wrap has been heaven to have!

Dana and Greg said...

Wow Holly, you're quite the home maker. When I have babies, I want some of those cool car seat blankets, hint hint... (but you have a few years, no worries). Love ya! Congrats on Brady, he's adorable.
P.S. Sushi looks awesome, you'll have to teach me.