September 2, 2010

Riding the Birthday Band Wagon

August is a birthday month! Not only did we celebrate both Grandma & Granny’s birthday but we also celebrated our nephew Josh’s birthday in UT via webcam. In total we have attended 11 birthday parties and have another one to go to on Saturday. I might be so partied out that Katie won’t get a party for her birthday in 21 days!  

At one of the birthday parties they had a pull string piñata which I had never seen. Pretty much you have each kid pull a string and the lucky kid that chooses wisely gets to pulls the trap door open and the candy falls out. I’m still partial to a piñata with a bat but this was much safer. DSCN0865

DSCN0864

We also had a ward Grill out. They served hamburgers and hot dogs and let the kids bob for apples. This meant that Katie was soaking wet because she just can’t resist any form of water. It was so much fun to see how much the ward has grown. We went from nothing to a huge nursery and lots of couples right in that young child stage. I can’t complain we have lots of friends to keep us (Katie) busy!

DSCN0878 DSCN0879 DSCN0880 DSCN0881 DSCN0882 DSCN0884 DSCN0885 DSCN0886 DSCN0888 DSCN0889

No comments: