September 5, 2010

Claiborne County Fair

We missed this event last year and I was determined that we were going this year. Nice part about the whole thing was Rick was able to take the night off and join us. It was a pretty good deal. For the cost of adult admission ($12) you get to go view the 4-H barn and the displays, a wristband for unlimited carnival rides, and access to the demolition derby! Katie was free to get into the fair but needed a wristband to ride the rides. Katie was able to use my wristband because I couldn’t go on any of the rides, so we didn’t have to spend any extra money. She had such a great time. She road her favorite rides multiple times. She probably went on over 20 rides through out the night.

DSCN0901 DSCN0904Katie’s first ride!

She had such a good time with Granny and Grandpa.DSCN0909 DSCN0910 She wanted to go back and ride the horsey’s all night!DSCN0922 DSCN0924 Katie was loved driving her own 4-wheeler!

DSCN0933

Katie was able to ride on the scrambler with Rick. It went so fast that she couldn’t stay sitting straight and ended up sliding right into Rick. She giggled the whole time!DSCN0949 DSCN0951 DSCN0957 DSCN0962

The demolition derby was smaller than I’m use to but it was still exciting. We had cars pushed up on the tractor tires and during the final round a car even flipped onto its roof.

DSCN0965

We all tried a southern specialty of boiled peanuts. The are really soft and juicy. Katie couldn’t get enough! I had my first funnel cake at the carnival!

DSCN0970 DSCN0972

It was so nice to spend some time with the hubs!DSCN0974 DSCN0975 Just for an update…. I’m 32 weeks pregnant. We are counting down the weeks until our little boy can join us on these family outings!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I had wanted to go to that but whimped out with the 1:4 parent/child ratio. haha. The pictures are sooo great & you couldnt be cuter holly!! I cant wait for another Jones to arrive!