July 14, 2010

24 weeks and Katie the Fish

This is a picture of the belly so far. I’m 24 weeks. Little boy (no we don’t have a name yet) is very active. He likes to kick in the mornings and the evenings. Late afternoon he usually stretches and pushes upward on my stomach. Not the most pleasant thing. DSCN0240 DSCN0241

If we ask Katie where the baby is she will point to my belly. The funny part is she also pointed to her Grandpa Jones’ belly the other day and called it baby. We’ll need to work on that.

Katie LOVES the water. She asks to get in anytime she can. Even if it is at a friend’s birthday party and she isn’t suppose to get wet.sammi's partyToday we joined some friends at a water park in Barbourville, KY,about 45 mins away from Harrogate. Wednesdays kids get in for $1. Katie played so hard. It was fun to hear her giggle most of the day. DSCN0245  The nice thing about the park is that the kiddie area has a very shallow pool and playground that is fenced. We could let her play without holding on to her all day. She tried out her new life jacket. DSCN0242Rick picked it out and played with the other kids. Right before we left she bumped her head on a toy slide and got a fat lip. Due to the injury and a long day of play she slept the entire way home and stayed asleep when I transferred her to the house. That never happens. It was really nice for Rick to join us. He has stayed home all summer when Katie and I have gone swimming. I didn’t have as much to do and could enjoy the day more. DSCN0243DSCN0244DSCN0246DSCN0247    I thought it was a good way to spend time on a hot summer day!

1 comment:

beginner baker said...

I miss you guys, and am sad to have to miss all of these good times. Katie is adorable and is going to always be my little katie bug!!!! I Love You Guys!!!!!! And your belly is getting HUGE!!! :)