My birthday in the past could be referred to as just another day. Birthdays in my family are just not that big of a deal. I have always thought that you should have a fantastic day on your birthday and maybe have always been disappointed in the past. Call me selfish.
Knowing this Rick has tried extra hard the last 6 years to make my birthday special. He has done a great job too. He usually takes me out to dinner and is willing to do whatever I want as long as he doesn’t have class or work. He knows better what I want or need than I do. When I turned 20 he bought me my sewing machine. One of the best presents I have ever received. I was really disappointed this year to find out that Rick would be required to go to school on my birthday even though it was a Saturday. He was being super sweet and tried to make me feel better by suggesting we meet some of our friends for lunch before he headed back to class. He even said that he would make dinner so to not worry about it. Katie and I went home and took a long nap and were cleaning when Rick finally got home from class. I was sorting through a few things in my closet when Rick told me I needed to changed so I could go to dinner. (I just thought he was going to cook the tacos instead of me)
We dropped Katie off at his parents. I hardly ever get to read a menu at a restaurant because I’m usually taking care of Katie instead, so it was really nice to go out just the two of us.
I figured since he hadn’t had time to study earlier in the week he would probably head back to the school to study. I thought we would pick up Katie and he could drop us off at home and Katie and I would watch a movie.
When we walked into Rick’s parent’s place I notice that there was a lot of cake sitting on the counter but I figured they were just going to be nice and have some cake for my birthday. I looked around in more detail to notice decorations and tables set up all around. Rick planned a whole surprise party for me!
I was shocked. His parents said that he had been working on it for weeks. What a great hubby. He said he only did it because it was a big birthday and he figures that he doesn’t have to worry about it for another 5 years.
I haven’t blown out candles on my birthday for so long that I was surprised at how many there were. I guess that happens when you are a quarter of a century old. I even forgot to make a birthday wish and of course they had to put trick candles on the cake to watch me blow them out over and over again.
Rick bought me a new laptop. I wasn’t expecting it at all but am very grateful. Now I can video chat with my family anytime that I like.
Thanks to everyone that wished me a happy birthday. Thanks to everyone who came to the party and all the wonderful gifts. Thanks to Rick’s parents for prepping and cleaning up afterwards.
Mostly thanks to my fabulous hubby for making his wife feel extremely special for her birthday! I love you so much!
1 comment:
That is awesome! You have a great husband! 25 is a great year, you'll love it! Happy Birthday...a little late!
Post a Comment