My mom made Katie a quiet book for church that has different spiritually related items for each letter of the alphabet. A is for Angels and B is for Baptize etc. I’m using this book for the themes for our Family Home Evenings. It is nice to have the subject already decided for you. Katie is enjoying FHE I think. The lessons are short but at least we get it done right.
On another note we were sitting in Church thumbing through the quiet book. Katie turned the page, pointed at the picture, and said “daddy.” This would have been fine if the page was D for Daddy but it wasn’t it was J for Jesus. Rick has been wearing a beard for months and Katie recognized the picture of a man in a beard as Daddy. I thought it might just be just the book but she said the same thing to the picture we have on the wall in the front room and the pass along card I have in the mirror in the bathroom. Hopefully I will be able to get it through to my innocent child that the man in the picture is not her daddy it is Jesus. It is really cute though!
No comments:
Post a Comment