Thanksgiving has been a lot of fun this year. We had some great food and both of my green bean casseroles were devoured. It's only because my recipe calls for bacon, but who cares they were good. Rick actually got off early so he was able to make it to dinner on time. It was a really nice surprise.Friday I hit Walmart at 4:45 am. I was able to price match a jumper for Katie. When I got there, there was only one jumper left. It was a great deal it was half off. I think she will really like playing in it as well.
That night we went to my cousin Shess's place for a little Turkey Hold'em. I have to say I was feeling lucky. We played 2 tournament style games of No Limit Texas Hold'em. There were about 10 people playing. I won both tournaments. It was great. I hit some lucky cards.
Today, with some help from our friend Nate, Rick and I hooked up the lights on our house and set up our tree. Now this is a first for us. I never set up a tree while we lived in Cedar because I knew we would never be there for Christmas so I didn't see the point. I would still put up some decorations but never a tree. It is really nice. Katie stared at the tree when I turned on the lights. It was fun because she played with a small stocking for a while as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment