We headed out across Arkansas the next morning. We had to stop just past the boarder because our rental truck had to clear a filter which takes 30 mins. Luckily we were right next to the state welcome center and were able to hike back with the kids for pictures. The ladies at the welcome center warned us of some heavy construction and gave us an alternative route to take. I was very grateful for this information.
We then got back on the road but we didn’t make it too far because our small trailer being pulled behind the BMW blew a tire. We drove into town to get a replacement. It took about an hour and then we headed on the back roads past the construction. It was really beautiful. The roads were narrow so I was glad I wasn’t driving. We past open fields and narrow bridges. A stream wove in and out along the road. But then there was an accident along the way that we got stuck behind.
We finally made it back onto I-40 and headed straight for Oklahoma Just before we hit Oklahoma City we could see some debris from the massive tornado that had struck 2 days before. We didn’t see as much damage as I was expecting but there was crumpled metal in the middle of fields and signs down everywhere.
We had dinner at a 50’s style diner. They kept the kitchen open for us and closed the entire restaurant behind us as we left.
My dad and Rick were machines. Because we had stopped at Steve and Steph’s house the night before we were behind schedule. They drove well into the night and early morning to get us all the way to Amarillo TX. They were amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment