I took a break from packing to take the kids to the pool. This was a weekly activity last year with Katie. I love being in the water and Katie is a fish. I couldn’t wait to get Brady in the water too.
We headed over to our favorite swimming hole, aka Middlesboro community pool, and lather the kids in sunscreen. Now getting into the pool is a chore when you have to take your 2 year old to the potty before you start and get your 7 month old dressed and in swim diaper by yourself. Luckily we joined some friends. I was able to blow up floaties and make it into the pool in no time.
It was Brady’s first trip to the pool. I splashed around for about 5 minutes when the lifeguard kindly came over and kicked me out of the pool. Yep all that prep work for 5 minutes in the pool. According to new pool policy no child can swim unless they are potty trained. Katie my big girl was just fine by my adorable 7 month old had to get out. Poor Katie can’t swim by herself so that was that. I understand why the rule was made. I mean no one wants to deal with kids having accidents in the pool. My only gripe about the situation is that I was a good parent. I had my child in a swim diaper, a swim cover, and a swim suit. I also had plenty of extra swim diapers incase he needed to be changed. To me Brady was less of a problem that what they will deal with now. Parents now will swear up one side and down the other that their kid is fully potty trained when they are not. Parents are not going to change the kids they’ve fibbed about because they might run the risk of getting caught and kicked out of the pool. I’m sorry but 1 year olds don’t know how to keep track of their bodily functions very well. I’m pretty sure the situation they have created is not going to end well.
Anyway that was the sole time we’ve been swimming this summer. Fun right. Hopefully the next time will go better for us. On top of that I hope I don’t have to take the kids by myself and that Rick can come with us.
To cool down after this I just resorted to a small baby pool that we own and a hose in the back yard. Kat was having fun one day watering the lawn and decided to spray Brady. I was holding Brady and in an attempt to protect him became drenched. At that point it was war. Katie and I played with the hose for a while just taking turns spraying each other. Brady was pleasant for the most part but got cold after a while. I ended the activity with a warm bath. I will miss all the room our backyard in Harrogate provided. Katie could run far enough I couldn’t reach her with the water. I guess there are always ups and downs with moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment