July 17, 2011

The Big Test & Moving

After 2 years of medical school and countless hours of studying Rick was finally able to take his first Board exam. Pretty much it was a 8 hour test that determines if he learned anything the last 2 years. We don’t know the results of the test yet but Rick wanted to explain the magnitude of the test to everyone via picture. The test was 400 questions that could come out of any of the textbooks or lectures he has had in the last 2 years. This is a picture of his books. I’m really glad I didn’t have to take that test. The sad thing is that he spent more time with his books and computer in the last 2 years than he did with me or the kids. I guess it was worth it in the end because he PASSED!!

DSCF0972 DSCF0976 DSCF0981 DSCF0984

Packing and moving was dangerous for Katie. She sliced the side of her foot open and tripped and put a gash above her left eye.

DSCF0990 DSCF0994 DSCF1002 DSCF1007

We were also truly blessed by some great friends. The Passey’s are dear to us and when it comes down to the wire they are great friends to have around. Amber came over and helped my pack up the rest of my kitchen the night before we moved. Then the following day, she graciously took my children into her care for the entire day. I’m thankful that she did have Krisanne to help. I’m truly impressed by the woman. She was willing to not only to take care of her own 3 kids by herself because we were using her hubby for free slave labor, but she also took my kids too. At one point there were 2 adults and 7 kids at the house, 5 of which were under the age of 4.  I am so thankful for her. Brent not only helped pack us up but then drove down to Morristown and helped unpack us too. To top it all off, Amber brought my children to me after we unloaded the moving truck and made a yummy dinner for us too. The Passey’s were the miracle I needed to make my move just that less stressful.

I contacted the bishop of our new ward. He passed the word along and we had plenty of hands to help unload the truck when we reached Morristown. I think that it is wonderful that I could simply send an email to someone I’ve never met before and have lots of smiling faces waiting to help us. I did feel bad that it started raining a few minutes into the unload process. The funny thing is if we would have waited 15 minutes the we could have had clear blue sky the entire time. Oh well.

The next day we went back to Harrogate to clean our old house. It took all day with me and Rick trying to scrub and keep the kids in tow. When it got later in the evening Rick wore Brady in the baby carrier.The poor kid fell asleep and rather than take him out Rick just laid him down quietly on the floor.

IMG_0361

At the Morristown house we are busy unpacking and the kids love playing in the boxes. Unpacking is probably not the thing Rick wanted to do with his time off but I’m grateful I don’t have to do it alone.  

DSCF1011 DSCF1013 DSCF1021  DSCF1024

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the pictures of the books! yikes!