October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

We have been busy all weekend. Friday, Katie decided to try a new instrument. She tried playing grandpa’s chanter for his bag pipes.(see video below). It was all fun until she ran and smacked the end of the chanter into the roof of her mouth. After nap we went to the ward truck or treat. Katie had a grin on the entire time. She was so excited to get candy that she probably cleared out the neighboring trunk by herself. She wore a witch costume that my mom sewed together when I was little. The crazy thing is that it still glows in the dark. I’m sorry for the lack of pictures of Brady I wanted to keep him bundled up.

halloween2010 DSCF0017

Katie waiting to get the candy.

Katie dove right into our trunk she knew what she was looking for in there.DSCF0019DSCF0018 DSCF0022

Granny kept Brady nice and bundled in his blanket while I handed out candy. Grandpa and Rick got the joy of doing the loop with Katie.

DSCF0020 DSCF0024 DSCF0029 DSCF0030 DSCF0031

Saturday we woke to Katie getting the wrapper off some candy. I had put her bucket away and the smarty pants that she is not only found it but crawled up to get it. After cleaning up the wrappers and forcing Katie to once again give up her candy we got ready and headed to the Fall Festival at DCOM. It is hosted by the SAA of which I’m a board member. I wasn’t in charge of anything this year because of baby Brady. It was nice to go and enjoy without the stress, even if we didn’t win anything in the raffle. There was face painting, coloring, a few bean bag tosses, decorating pumpkins, hot coco and apple cider, and of course more candy.

40131_608354096918_56702912_34330241_3895600_n DSCF0041 DSCF0044 DSCF0046 DSCF0053 DSCF0055 DSCF005771736_608354032048_56702912_34330237_4691155_n DSCF0059

We left Rick at the school to study and picked up granny and grandpa to go check out the pumpkins in Cumberland Gap. We even stopped by the fire station for free hot dogs. I passed up going to the other Halloween extravaganza at LMU because Brady was pretty hungry and I needed Katie to eat something a little more substantial. DSCF0061 DSCF0062 DSCF0063 DSCF0064 DSCF0065

I sat down to feed Brady after dinner and was distracted when all of the sudden I heard water in our bathroom. This is what I can upon:DSCF0066

Katie had found my lipstick and smeared it around the bathroom, note her stool. After all of that she wanted to do something nice for mom and clean the toilet for me. It took me a while to clean up after her. It made for an interesting end to a long day. Luckily Rick was nice and took care of the kids before church this morning so I could sleep. The rest of our Halloween will be filled with Rick going to school to study for his test tomorrow and Katie and I watching a movie probably. It was a fun an busy Halloween weekend.

1 comment:

Tamsyn said...

So ,so cute!! I miss you guys!! Hope all is well!!