October 20, 2010

Baby Boy Brady!!!!

 

Friday I woke up early to use the bathroom…(very common in pregnant women). During which I thought I had a very full bladder and and went back to bed. When I woke up hours later I found that I was a little wet but not enough to think my water broke because I had no contractions. I called Rick at school who was studying for a quiz to ask his opinion on the matter. Due to the stressful nature of med school and the importance of doing well on every exam/quiz Rick suggested I go get checked and then let him know if it was anything important and in the mean time he was going back to studying. This frustrated me!  I just wanted him to take off 1 hr to go with me to the hospital incase I was admitted. I wouldn’t have called if I thought it was minor. So being the obstinate self that I am I refused to go to the hospital and went to see a friend instead. After calming down enough to realize that I really do need to be checked just to be safe, and after receiving a phone call from Rick that was a little more loving, I had my friend run with me to the hospital.

They checked me around 2:30 pm and instantly said that my water had broke and that I was being admitted. They then asked when it broke. I wasn’t totally awake in the wee hours of the morning and so couldn’t give an exact time. Every nurse I saw after that would ask why I didn’t come in earlier. Honestly I didn’t think I was in labor I just thought it might be a possibility. Knowing that I was being admitted I instantly started calling Rick. He didn’t answer so I proceeded to harass his phone. When he finally did call back he informed me that I had called during his quiz and that his leg vibrated the entire time he was trying to focus. In the end he just skipped a few questions in order to finish earlier because he knew at that point something was up.

At 4:30 they  hooked me up to some Pitocin because I was not contracting. Rick sat and studied while I watched some TV. Needless to say it wasn’t that eventful. During this time we also discussed the fact that we still didn’t have a name and should probably work on that. 8:50pm we finally decided on a name. 9:20 I was complete. I had to wait for a contraction so I could push, even with Pitocin I still wasn’t contracting. Finally the nurse palpated my stomach to help trigger a contraction and 3 pushes later at 9:39 we had a baby. During the last push baby boy decided he wanted out and stuck his arm up to help pull himself out. Silly Boy. He was ready…. even if mommy’s body wasn’t.

 

So we would like to introduce you to Katie’s Baby Brother:

Brady Engle Jones

7lbs 2oz, 20 in

He has brown hair with blond highlights. He was born with really long nails too. If you are wondering Engle is my mother’s maiden name so it is in the family.

brady jones  brady13  DSCF0013DSCF0019 DSCF0025brady2 DSCF0030

1 comment:

Tamsyn said...

Oh my gosh!!! He is so, so cute!!! Congratulations!! Look at your little family growing! How exciting!!