What a weekend. Since Easter was the same weekend as conference and LMU had Good Friday off, I decided to host an egg hunt in our back yard for the DCOM families that wouldn’t conflict with class or conference. It was so much fun! We had over 250 eggs set out and the kids went running like crazy trying to grab them all. It was a beautifully sunny day of 90 degrees with a slight breeze that made it comfortable but melted all of the chocolate in the eggs.
We had some great food and I even made a very springy dirt pie.Saturday I helped Rick’s parents with their taxes and missed the morning session of Conference. I was so excited to go over to the Passey’s for the second session. It was such a great message on the importance of family and teaching children to be better. I am so grateful that I was able to watch. I even saw my dear friend from high school singing in the choir.
While at our friend’s we helped make potstickers and rolled some sushi which everyone ate afterwards. Brent also prepared yakisoba and curry for our tummies delights. Sorry there are no pictures I was too busy stuffing my face.
Katie took her Easter toy with her to the party and all of the kids had to have a turn. Rick and his dad picked it up for her earlier that day. Katie sure has both of them wrapped around her little finger.
Sunday brought a wonderful brunch with Rick’s parents and more Tax prep but at least this time I was able to listen to conference. We headed home for a nap in between sessions where Katie stayed up and played with Rick while I slept. I woke up with a headache and feeling sick and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. Thankfully it was Sunday and Rick and his parents were able to take care of Katie for me. I am very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment