September 5, 2009

Blogging Finally


So I'm skipping out on the Relief Society Luncheon/Activity just to blog. I'm sorry I've been a slacker on posting pictures. So now you are going to be bombarded by everything I have.

One of the first things we did in Tennessee was to take a hike to the Tri-State Peak. They have a geological survey marker that connects Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia. Katie was in the stroller but in all 3 states at the same time.

Katie is Running. She has been walking for a while now. She started walking on July 26Th just after she turned 10 months old. She is really fast now. We are currently working on getting her to navigate stairs. Right now she is great at going up and can go down if she focuses. Every once in a while she wants to turn around and dive if someone is at the bottom of the stairs.

Tennessee is a beautiful state to me. It has rolling hills covered in trees. I love driving down the winding streets. Most are covered with arching tree branches and it is like driving through a fairytale. Our House is nice. We have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. We still have boxes to unpack, at this point I don't know if it will ever be done. We converted the family room downstairs into an office for Rick to study in so most of the time Katie and I stay on the top floor. The best part about the house is the view off the kitchen sink/back deck. We have cows on the hill with little red barns and even a couple of Tobacco fields.

Rick passed his first test and is busy studying for his next set of exams. Next week he has 2 exams on Wed, one on Fri, and one the following Mon. These exams are not easy they usually last all morning or afternoon. Staying focused is a hard thing right now because the weather is nice and Katie is so much fun.

Katie got her first kiss from a non family member. Cade is a little boy in our ward. His dad goes to the Med school with Rick. While playing together Cade planted a huge smooch on Katie. When he went for a second one she turned her head and totally denied the kid. I was so proud of her and was laughing my head off.

Hopefully this will make you smile and I'll have to get some more pictures and Blog again soon. We love all of you and hope your crazy adventures are as fun as ours.

3 comments:

Sarah H. said...

YAY for blogging! Thanks for sending you link! Your little girl is adorable and already so big! Crazy!

Amber P. said...

I love that I'm in your family pic on top of that monument on the trail. And in PINK! Sammi will be so proud.

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

Hey thats my house! I totally didn't realize the big event happened here. Nice to know others are 'feeling the love' at our home.