September 28, 2009

What a Week!

This past week was crazy and fun at the same time. My parents flew into town on Tuesday. It was so nice to have them around. I was having the worst day until they came.

On Wednesday Katie turned 1. Yep that is right, our baby girl is officially one year old. My mom helped me decorate Katie's cake. Well cakes. You have to see the picture to understand. It was so nice to have her here to help.
My dad played/slept with Katie.
It was nice getting things done for a change.
All of our DCOM friends came to play at the park for Katie's party.
The weather was beautiful. Katie didn't blow out her candle like we practice so I was a little bummed. That is until she dug into her cake. She was all about that frosting and downed water like a mad woman afterwards to wash it down. Rick was so proud of her for attacking the cake. I know the party was more for me than Katie because she won't remember it but at least I have pictures.

We took a few days to recover from the party and then on Saturday Rick received his first White Coat. Yep he looks all professional in his new doctor attire.
The whole event is a big excuse for the families to brag about how great their med student is so I don't want to be left out. Rick is amazing. He studies so hard and still juggles me and Katie too. He is a Super Dad/Hubby. And Heck yes my man is going to be a doctor so there!!!

1 comment:

Ken and Lisa said...

That is awesome! Sorry I spaced Katie's birthday. I shouldn't have because Chloe handed me her picture from when she was born but you know me.

Congrats to Rick! We knew he could handle it all. He needs to teach me how to do it. Love you guys!