January 14, 2012

We are going to have….

The doctor told us we are going to have a

Thumbsucker!!!!

edit

The doctor caught on film the baby sucking a thumb. I need to scan the original, this is a picture of the ultrasound picture. I’ll upload a better picture later.

The ultrasound was great. My OB had a student rotating with him during the time of my ultrasound so with Rick that made 2 DCOM students present. The doctor decided to use my ultrasound as a teaching experience. Most of the ultrasound was spent discussing medical terms and what exactly he was looking for on each area of the baby. I learned a lot about what needed to be there and what should be missing. I actually preferred to have my ultrasound done this way. It provided me with a lot more information about the baby than I ever got with Katie and Brady’s ultrasounds.

According to measurements the baby weighs a full pound. Which at this stage in gestation is a lot. The baby was really active during the ultrasound and kept kicking and wiggling. I joked that I had myself a soccer player. The doctor measured the baby’s femur (thigh bone) and told me I have more of a linebacker in the makings. In other words the baby is huge and has no serious medical conditions that we should be concerned about. In fact the Dr. Black stated that he was 99.9% sure that we would have a health baby. Pretty good odds to me.

My doctor was very thorough at finding out the sex of the baby. In fact I think he looked at the baby’s pelvis 6 different ways to verify. In the end we are definitely having a BOY no questions asked!!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Gotta love boys:) Congrats!