As a Jones family we have big things to come this year.
Instead of stating new year resolutions, I wanted to focus on actual things that we each have coming up that keeps us busy.
Rick will finish up his core rotations, take his second board exam, and start interviewing for residencies. The poor man has to decide in the next 6-8 months exactly what he wants to do with the rest of his life and then he only has a few more months impress people enough to give him a job. He has his work cut out for him.
Katie has the challenge from school to be able to write her name all by herself. She is learning her days of the week and her months of the year. They are also learning the alphabet in sign language. She also is learning her anchor sight words for reading. Hopefully we can have a basic reader by the end of the year. Hopefully she can learn to do more chores around the house as well.
Brady is still working on sleeping through the night. Fortunately we have progressed from waking up 4 times a night to only one. He still has trouble sleeping away from home but it is an improvement. I hope to have this rectified in the next few months. He also has to tackle getting rid of his bottle. (this is more of me slacking than anything else. He is learning his body parts and we hope to improve his vocabulary. He is also trying really hard to ride his trike.
I need to finish my bean bag project to provide some additional seating at our house. I need to follow through with getting my shower fixed. I plan to help Rick with travel arrangements for his various rotations. I also need to do the taxes. Plus being the best mommy I can be of course takes a bunch of time.
It should be a busy year with lots of traveling and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment