June 8, 2011

Packing

We are moving to Morristown TN in 2 weeks. This means that I’m busy packing. Having 2 kids makes this task a little more difficult. Pretty much I have to keep up on the house (dishes, laundry, cooking, etc) and keep the kids from destroying the house while I load all of our possessions into boxes all while Rick is busy studying.  Honestly I thought we had a lot of things when we moved to TN. I don’t know how we keep acquiring stuff but somehow we do.  I’m worried that our 17’ moving truck will not be big enough.

The other day I just taped up an extra box and let Katie and Brady play in it while I packed. Katie wanted Brady inside with her and would pull his leg or try to push him inside when he was taking to long. Needless to say Brady didn’t like this much. It was fun to watch the two of them play together.  I can’t wait for days in the future when they can play together and not need mom’s interaction as much. That is the benefit of having multiple children right.

DSCF0682 DSCF0687 DSCF0689 DSCF0693 DSCF0695 DSCF0698 DSCF0703 DSCF0749DSCF0716 DSCF0745DSCF0721 DSCF0729   

 

Hopefully the rest of packing will go smoothly. The longer we stay in the house the more things we have to fix. In the last week we have found a that we need to replace/fix 3 mini blinds, a torn piece of wallpaper from the kitchen, and 1 hole in the wall.

Rick was being silly with Katie in our room and slipped on a paper and put his shoulder through the wall. Yep something like this would totally happen just before we are moving. Thankfully, a friend of ours obtained an extra piece of drywall for free. Rick got to come home a little early the other night and work on the wall.  Katie liked the drywall mud because it went on the wall pink and then dried white. Now we just hope the paint will match.

DSCF0799 DSCF0800

No comments: