June 8, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial day usually indicates the start of summer. Not at our house.

Rick is deep into study mode right now. He takes his first Board exam on June 15th. He has hit the books pretty hard. I have to say I was so proud of him when he turned the other guys down when they asked if he wanted to go to a late movie. I can see it makes him sad when Katie asks him not to go to school. She said that she looses her daddy at school. It was so sad. I will be very grateful when his test is over. That way the kids can see Rick for longer than 1 hour a day.

Having this go on means that Rick had class over Memorial Day weekend. I surprised him with a picnic. Well it was more like his dad and I kidnapped him. We drove about 5 minutes away and enjoyed cooking some steaks and throwing rocks. Everyone had a great time. Hopefully we will have more exciting summer memories to record later.

DSCF0767 DSCF0776 DSCF0780 DSCF0789

No comments: