Family is truly one of the best blessing in life. We were blessed to be able to see so much family during our short visit. Seeing everyone had added importance this year because we are unsure of when we might be able to visit again.
I enjoyed hanging out with my mom’s side of the family at our annual Christmas party. This year the event was held at my mom’s cousin Doug’s house. It was magnificent seeing everyone. The meal was a traditional Armenian meal and the missionaries provided us with a message and a little entertainment. The family tradition of a piƱata was continued and this year Brady (being the youngest in the family) got the first whack. Katie was excited for her turn but got scared when she hit the stick on the floor (see film below). Of course there was a gift exchange. The theme this year was Carols and I took milk in a basket to represent a “whey” in a manger. My dad took coins to represent silver and gold. I just love my extended family.
We also went to Salt Lake and met Rick’s grandparents before their flight to California. It was so fun to see Grandpa Hale hold Brady for the first time. We went to an Italian restaurant for lunch with the grandparents, my sister, and Rick’s brothers. Afterwards we went to kill some time before the temple lights came on at the church history museum. I had never been to the museum and enjoyed looking at all the pioneer items.
We went to the lights on temple square where I accidently erased all of the pictures off the camera. I was able to save most but didn’t take many that night because I was so upset.
I would like to add that one of the highlights of our vacation was when Rick and I were able to attend the temple together. It was so nice to be reminded of my divine value and enjoy the time with my hubby.
We were also able to enjoy a little snow time. Which is a must for the holidays I think. Brady wasn’t too sure about the temperature. Katie said that she found her snowman and he was tall tall tall. I spend most of the time inside with Brady but it was fun to watch Rick and Katie from a distance. It brought me all kinds of joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment