We did the annual reading of a book Christmas Eve and had the kids open PJ’s to wear. This year they both had owls on them because they are my little night owls.
Ok so I was the only person excited for Christmas morning this year. Brady woke me up around 8 am because he was hungry. I fed him and he fell right back to sleep but by the time he finished I was awake for the day. I actually woke Katie up so we could go look at our stocking and open presents. Katie played Santa and handed out all of our gifts this year and Brady slept through the whole thing.
Katie finally got into opening gifts this year. She had fun pulling the paper off and attacking the presents. She was so cute in her Santa hat too!
My dad got a dinosaur this year that Katie was fine with as long as it was turned off. Once it was turned on she would go running. We laughed so hard watching her react.
The kids got Big Sister and Little Brother shirts which I was so excited about.
To me the best part of Christmas was spending so much time with our family. It was nice to have Rick home from school where he could play with us without needing to leave early to study and can’t wait for future dates when school is over. My best present was spending time with my sister. I love her so much and never get to see her so I cherished every minute I could. I miss her so much. I also love my parents and their generosity not only to me and my little family but they have opened their home every year to Rick’s family as well. This gives us the opportunity to spend as much time with people as possible. It wasn’t the gifts that made Christmas so fun it was the people we got to spend it with. The only thing that would have made it better was if I could have spent some time with my brother and if Rick’s parents could have come as well. I feel truly blessed by my heavenly father this year with a vacation where there was little down time, lots of family, and loads of fun!
1 comment:
I love the picture of Brady and your dad sleeping. So cute. The one at the end of the two of them is pretty good too :)
Post a Comment