My mom, Katie, and I drove down to Cedar City (2 1/2 hours away) on the 10th of December for my sister Amy's birthday. She was turning the big 21. It was so much fun to take her out to dinner and spend some time with her. I really do miss not having her closer. She was really surprised when she opened her gift. I gave her a plane ticket to come visit me in March. It was selfish of me but I think she liked it.
While in Cedar City I was able to attend a dear friend Nate Caldwell's Army Officer Commissioning. It was so nice to see people I hadn't seen in a long time. I was sad that I didn't have the opportunity to visit with others but we had to drive back that afternoon. Nate is the adopted brother to the Jones boys. Not literally but he is close enough. Rick's brothers Chad and Steve helped with the Commissioning too. Chad swore him in to be an officer and Steve gave him his first salute. CONGRATS Nate we are really proud of you and know you will go on to do great things!
No comments:
Post a Comment