December 27, 2009

Big Trip






Steve stayed an extra week to help me with Katie as we ventured to Utah. It took 2 days to pack and we finally got everything to fit within the weight restrictions. I woke up Saturday morning to snow. Being worried that the roads would be bad we left Harrogate in our rental car early. Katie slept for over 2 hours in the car. It was great. She never travels this well. We had a really rough night so I wasn't surprised that she was tired. Check-in and security at the airport were really easy and the flight from Kentucky to Chicago was only half full. Because of this Katie was able to sit in her car seat. It was nice not having to hold her. She slept half of the 45 min flight and then woke up just in time to land. So far so good. I checked the board as soon as we got off to find that our next flight had been delayed. Everyone got something to eat. Katie felt a little warm. I was worried that she might have a fever. She was cutting some teeth. On the next flight Steve and I sat apart from each other and placed Katie between us. There were enough empty seats that again she had her own seat this time we had gate checked her car seat though. Without being strapped in she thought it was time to play. About 1 hour into the flight she got fussy and kept rubbing her eyes. With Steve's help I was able to switch her into her pj's. I then stood and rocked her in the isle and she fell asleep. We landed late and got stuck in traffic on the way to my parents. In the end we walked through the door at 2:30 am TN time. It was a long day but at least we made it to Utah.

No comments: