We drove to Cedar City this weekend because Rick had drill. Katie and I came along for the ride because it was Rick's brother Steve's birthday on Friday as well as the ROTC 5K.
We had the opportunity to stay with our friend Nate Caldwell. He is always so nice. In fact he moves out of his own room when we visit and sleeps on the couch. What a nice guy right!
My younger sister Amy lives in Cedar as well so I'm always up for hanging out with her. This time I roped her into paying $10 so she could walk/run 3.1 miles. I'm such a nice sister. Actually it was Amy's first 5K and she didn't do too bad! She could have finished earlier but was nice enough to stay back with Katie. I thought I was going to die prior to the race. You see I haven't really been that dedicated to exercise since Katie's birth. I always find some other way to spend my time instead of working out. I was really surprised to find that by the end of the race I actually passed people and still had some energy. The only shocker is the next day my lower back hurts instead of my legs. Weird huh!
Poor Katie froze during the race. It was chilly that morning and you can see how red her little nose got. After it was all over Amy actually warmed Katie up with her blow dryer.
1 comment:
A blow dryer? Now that is sad. Funny but sad. I'm glad you had fun. Give Katie hugs for us.
Post a Comment