So does anyone else ever feel like they are slacking off in life?
Today was the first day in a long while I had time to sit and work on something just for fun. Most of the time I have a check list of things to do and I only manage to get half of them done so the next day my list is twice as long. After weeks like this I feel like curling up into a ball and wanting to cry because the list is so long now there is no way I will ever finish the whole thing by myself. Luckily I have a great husband that has a 6th sense for knowing exactly when my breaking point is and stepping in right when I need him. Whether he realizes it or not he probably kept his wife from having a nervous break down. Not only was I able to cross off most of the list with his help today but I was also able to finally work on those things I want to work on.
One of those projects was Katie's baby book. For those that don't know me that well. I am not a scrapbooker. I am not creative enough for that. Katie's baby book is a fill in the blank book. It asks questions you answer it even tells you what picture to insert. Exactly the type of thing I can do. The reason I feel like a slacker is I finally sat down to work on her book and I couldn't remember the dates to "enter here." I don't know the first time that Katie Laughed. I know it was a couple of weeks before Christmas but I don't know the exact date. I don't know exactly how long she was at 4 weeks. (I guess I'm not that good at keeping records either) Anyway it asks questions about how I felt when she did things and honestly I can't remember. That is why I feel like a slacker. Right at that moment,sure I could have jotted down a couple of lines and been done with it but it was always at the bottom of the list the day Katie did something new like suck on her thumb. I always said I'll work on her book tomorrow. Now she is almost 4 months old and I'm trying to back date everything. Which I think is twice the work.
What is the solution though? I can't just stop everything to do fun little projects. Lets be honest we need to eat, we are prone to mice in the country and so I need to keep the house clean, and if I stopped doing the laundry Rick would be out of clothes in little over a week at the rate he goes.
I guess I'm like all other women and am trying to be supermom and feel bad when I fall short of that mark.
I see tons of people that do amazing things with their time and I never understand how. For example take my sister-in-law Sarah. She has a very active toddler and a husband that works extremely hard. But she is able to keep her house spotless (I mean this place is immaculate), decorate and do fun little craft projects, keeps up with her church calling, find a good bargain, budget like crazy, keep her blog updated and cute, take her son to the park nearly everyday, keep up with the bills and mundane tasks that go along with being a stay at home mom, and still have time to contemplate a new hobby. Seriously!
Then there is my friend Lisa. She is the mother of 3. (a 5yr old a 3 yr old and a 9 month old) She is able to take care of them (They are some of the best behaved kids I've ever seen) plus deal with all army matters while her husband prepares to deploy and she was telling me about the new workout group she was joining. Honestly where do I sign up for the amazing gene.
I know I shouldn't compare myself to other people because every one's lives are different. I know I should be happy with who I am and strive to be the best me possible and at the end of the day just be happy I got anything done, but some days it is harder than others.
Ok enough of my ranting my baby is waking up and I need to go take care of her.
By the way I just want you all to know the point of this isn't the fact I feel inadequate, the point is that I have an amazing husband that is willing to try his hardest to make my life better. He realizes when I need just a little more and he steps in to make up the difference. That is what is great about being married. I have a wonderful eternal companion that will help me when I'm low and push me to new heights. I am truly lucky to have him. Plus he's stinking hot and a great kisser to boot!
4 comments:
You give me way too much credit, immaculate is WAY to strong of a word :) Good luck on finding a balance and organizing priorities, it is one of those things that is constantly changing and needing adjustment.
I promise, everyone feels like they are as good as someone else at some point. You really are great. And kudos to Rick for helping out!
I can totally sympathize! I had an emotional break down just the other week because I felt like I was floundering and not getting anything done. I also am struggling to get my 17 month old James' info down (try back dating that far!) It's HORRIBLE! I finally just decided that the past is the past. Do what I can and move on. I found this website www.kmckaydesigns.com it has a Family Planner that you can print out and keep with you to quickly jot down big things so you can add it officially to a journal or scrapbook later. It is a LIFESAVER! Everything is free to print. Her example is gorgous and fancy but you can do it simple too. Maybe that would help. Good luck to us both I guess!
First of all, you know just what to say to make me feel good and make me cry at the same time! Thanks. I really did need to cry today. Second of all I just want you to know that I never would have thought that you would think that of me when I am always thinking the same thing about you. I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment