January 11, 2009

Christmas Fun

We head to sunnier sky's every year during the holidays. It is nice to spend time with Rick's family in Arizona. Before we headed down Katie wanted to take her chance at the video games and helped her Aunt Amy play Guitar Hero. Our daughter is addicted to TV. I don't have it on much during the day because I prefer to listen to the radio. So, when it is turned on she is glued to it. I understand that she is just responding to lights and sounds, but it is still hard not to think it is eating her brain. Anyway, back to the trip to AZ. It was a really long trip that started twice and with a 3 month old it was even longer. The trip should take a little over 10 hrs. We were traveling for over 14. It SUCKED!!!! There was tons of traffic at Hoover Dam and Katie was screaming so Rick got out of the car and started walking/jogging with her so she would calm down. At one point the traffic picked up and Rick had to run to catch up. I finally had to pull over so he could get back in the car. At that point a gentleman in a hummer behind us asked what happened to the baby. Maybe he thought we were going to leave her in the desert or something.

Anyway before we left AZ Rick was able to work with his fam to fix his cousin Scott's car. The bumper cover needed to be reattached. I think they did a pretty good job. They did have to be creative in order to tighten all the screws though. So our Holidays are always fun. By the way, Katie was much better on the ride home. Thank goodness.

No comments: