July 23, 2008

The Rodeo

Rick and I attended the rodeo last night. Sorry no pics, I forgot the camera and Rick's phone was almost dead and wouldn't take any pictures. We had a lot of fun. If you have never attended a rodeo you should! There is nothing like watching something where the participants can be sent to the hospital at any minute. I have to say that I am particularly fond of the mutton bust'n competition. For anyone that doesn't know that is where a child is placed on the back of a sheep and told to hold on as long as posible as the sheep runs across the arena. It is like a minuture version of bareback riding that is less dangerous. Last night's winner actually rode that sheep like a steer, rope in one hand and the other hand behind his head. It was so cute. Just so you all know I won the mutton bust'n competition back in the good old days of Lake Shore rodeo, and yes I do plan on having my little girl compete in the same event when she is big enough. I'm a simple country gal what can I say.

No comments: