July 12, 2008

50th birthday

My dad turned 50 back in June and I am just barely writing about it. My mom asked for some help with his party at the end of Feb first of May. After months of planning and a family feud my Dad had the best Hillbilly birthday you could imagine. I had all the guest dress up like rednecks and bring gift according to the theme. The funny thing was he wasn't going to show up to the party. My mom finally convinced him that they would just stop by the "family BBQ" for a minute and then they could leave. So when he finally came, even though they were 1/2 hour late, he was really surprised to find out it was a birthday party for him. You see it was 2 days after his actual birthday. We had a great time. My uncle made a movie for my dad. It had all of his siblings telling stories about him growing up. He even did a spotlight with each of us kids and my mom. I started crying when I saw a tear roll down my dad's face. I love him so much and he works so hard and would do anything for anyone else. It was nice to finally do something for him.

No comments: