After I spent my birthday money and gift cards on new clothes and stuff we decided to take the kids to the aquarium one last time. We have been the the aquarium several times. The kids love looking at the fish and with the military discount we could all go for under $10.
I handed over our military ID’s and the ticket agent replied that will be $50. I sat there blinking. I asked if she had done the military tickets. She broke it all down for me and said that they raised the military rate a few weeks prior.
Now $50 for a family of 5 to see a good aquarium isn't that bad. However, it was an aquarium we have been to several times, it was late and we were only going to look around for little over an hour. Plus we were saving our money for Disney World and a cross country move. It was just an expense we didn't need to have.
It got sticky trying to explain to the kids that it was too expensive to go now that they changed the prices. Brady was disappointed. He’d asked for weeks to go see fishes and here we were, standing where he knew there were fish inside and we were not going in anymore. He didn't throw a fit or even cry. He did however have the saddest face you have ever seen.
Feeling bad as parents that we couldn't give the kids what they wanted we got in the car and started home. Rick, the amazing man that I married, had a great idea and drove straight to Bass pro shop. They have taxidermied animals and live FISH!! Brady’s smile was from ear to ear! We took the kids and watched the fish and let them play at the target practice upstairs. It was just what we needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment