One of the amazing Jones adventures came when I broke the handles to my facet in the master bath. They were cracked before we moved in and I don’t know if it was just inevitable or if I grabbed the handles too hard but they crumbled into little plastic pieces. Luckily the water wasn’t running at the time so I didn’t need to get pliers to turn off the sink. I, being independent, went to Lowes and bought a universal set of faucet handles. There really wasn’t anything left to compare with so I guessed. I was wrong and they didn’t work. I needed to return them and pick up the special set or just get a new faucet. I told my hubs that I needed to go to the store for this purpose while I was doing the dinner dishes. He said he would go see what we needed and when I finished we’d head to the store.
Next thing I know Katie comes in to the room and calmly states that my sink attacked her. I looked and her shirt was wet. She turned and went to play. I figured she had gotten splashed washing her hands and went about cleaning the kitchen. I was sweeping up when I finally heard Rick yelling from our room.
I ran to the other end of the house to see a small geyser in my bathroom. My dear hubby had tried to turn the water to the sink off and it was rusted tight. He figured he was just looking at the missing part and started fiddling with the remaining faucet pieces. In doing so he tapped through to the hot water underneath. He stood trying to put the piece in question back into place as the room filled with squirting hot water. Not willing to have the water gush uncontrolled he had stood burning his hand shouting in vain for my help. Poor guy. I arrived and assessed the scene. I quickly grabbed a towel to to put over the shooting water which then released my hubby from his station. He grabbed some pliers and with some effort finally got the water to turn off. Even though his hand was burned from the hot water my handyman installed a new faucet that night just so I wouldn’t have to use the kids bathroom. Man does he love me!!!!
These are minions I sent to work with Rick in October. You know minions for the minions. Katie made most of the witch’s hats by herself.
Brady is so funny. He knows how to climb onto the counters and grab anything he wants. Including the cupcakes he was not suppose to get into. You can catch him falling asleep all over the house. He loves to swing and even slurped ranch dressing through a straw when we went out to eat.
Trevor is my little man. He has a smile that goes ear to ear and just beams every time I make eye contact. He truly brightens my life and reminds me daily of the plus side of being a mom.
Poor Brady became the victim of his sister’s birthday makeup.
No comments:
Post a Comment