May 26, 2012

Gatlinburg

Since Rick is attending medical school in TN he is invited to attend the Tennessee Osteopathic Medical Association conference every year. Last year we cruised on down to Chattanooga and this year the conference was close to home in Gatlinburg TN.
It took a while to decide if we should go. You see, Rick was doing a surgical rotation at the time of the conference and would not be able to spend the night and we only live 1 hour away and I would be going with 2 kids and be 36 weeks pregnant.  In the end I of course decided to book the white house on the mountain and go because I love spending time with our med school friends. I mean you can't just sit around and wait to have a baby.
Our house had 8 bedrooms this year and a beautiful view. Being med students the main floor was covered in Osteopathic Tables with a student near by to work out any ailment you might have. The kids played hard and did laps on their bikes on the wrap around porch. It was great. Brady thought it was such an adventure to sleep somewhere new and couldn't wait to wake Katie up in the mornings, Katie was happy to play with her friends (she even got to do some opp manipulating herself), Rick would come down in the evenings and get his fix of fun, and I was very grateful for good friends that took pity on a very pregnant woman and helped take care of my children.
It was also fun to have Steve and Steph stay in the same house as us. We have never really gone on vacation with them and it was exciting to see them in travel mode. I had a great time shopping in the rain with Steph the hot chocolate was definitely worth getting everyone one wet and ruining my hair. Next time I hope there are no Algebra tests though.
Our dear friends the McArthur's came to town and visited the house the one night, and then we joined them the next night at their time share.We have been friends with them for so long it is  always like a breath of fresh air whenever we get together. It was birthday weekend for them (3 of their birthdays fall right next to each other) so we went for a walk to check out a waterfall and then to Texas Road House for dinner. We even convinced Steve and Steph to join us. As a side note, Texas Road House was not a good experience the service was terrible and our waitress seemed like she was annoyed by the kids. That is strike two for me and that restaurant.
It was a great week and I honestly was very sad to come home and go back to reality.


















1 comment:

Amber P. said...

I'm sad we missed it this year but glad you had a fun time! I've only eaten at Texas Roadhouse once since the first strike and it was great, but not enough to overcome the ill-feeling I have almost every time I drive past one. Such a bummer, too, because it was my favorite restaurant.