August 26, 2011

Ashes to Ashes

 

So one of the reasons I’m behind on my blogging is the fact that my laptop crashed. It was an easy fix. It just needed a new hard drive. The bad thing is that nothing could be recovered from the old drive.

Yep documents and pictures were all gone. I broke down and cried. I had said for over a month that I needed to back the pictures up. I just put it off or shoved the thought to the back of my brain until, like everyone else that has ever had this happen, it was too late.

I went on the picture search. Luckily Rick had most of our pictures saved on his laptop and we had a few external hard drives and SD cards with pictures on them. In the end we have everything up to Brady being born. We have bits and pieces after that. I have a few pictures from Brady’s baby blessing and a few of the kids playing sometime last spring.

Unfortunately I wasn’t the only one hit. Rick’s brother and his wife had the same thing happen with in days of us.

I do have to say I’m very grateful that I do a blog and post excess pictures. I am also glad that I turn my blog into a book every year. I may not have the highest quality picture but at least I didn’t loose everything. Sadly this will make next years blog book a little lower quality.

For the future I now don’t delete anything from my SD card until it is saved in at least 2 places and plan to do DVD copies of pictures once a quarter. Hopefully this will save heartache in the future.

Moral of the story: PLEASE BACK UP YOUR PICTURES TODAY. RIGHT NOW!!!

No comments: