May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have had an interesting first Mother's Day.

I guess I should explain. We have started the moving process and wanted to De-junk the house. I decided to do a Yard Sale. It was great, members of my family cleaned out their houses and donated to the cause. We did alright we made over $200 selling crap for a buck.
The catch comes with the fact we were out in the sun for 6 hours. It was breezy and so the sun felt nice. Katie went with my mom for the day (thank goodness) and so I was not overly concerned with sunscreen. Rick offered it to me but never handed me the bottle. Needless to say I got a nasty sunburn. In fact, Rick said that he has never seen me this red before.
Aloe, Lanicane, sunburn Lotion, a cold shower, Ice packs, wet washcloths and 24 hours later this is what I look like.

Ouch Right. Oh well. I do live on a farm!

Bonus for the day Rick gave me a beautiful bracelet and necklace. You can barely see the bracelet in the picture above and I can't wear the necklace because it rubs my sunburn. It was fun to see people's reaction at church. Most people just went wide eyed and asked if I'd seen the sun.

So you see I'm in some pain (not to much don't worry just enough to be annoying) Katie is fussy and refusing to take a nap and my house is torn apart because we were in a rush sorting and getting things out for the yard sale. Yeah for motherhood!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's quite the sunburn. I've only seen you that red when you sat in the tanning bed for too long. lol sounds like a fun weekend though!

Porter Family said...

Ohhh! So sorry babe, that looks like it really hurts. Hope things go better today, love ya!